Un lettore del blog mi ha chiesto dei riferimenti ad applicazioni della ricerca operativa nel settore sanitario. Qualcuna si immagina facilmente, come la stesura dei turni del personale sanitario, la gestione delle liste d'attesa o dei mezzi. Le applicazioni vere, però, immagino siano altre, per cui apro uno spazio su questo blog e attendo il contributo di tutti. Specialmente sul fatto che l'adozione di un modello di ottimizzazione debba seguire criteri "politici" e non necessariamente di costo minimo.
Amazon’s SCOT The most amazing application of mathematical optimization in logistics What is SCOT? The state of the art in advanced mathematics at the service of the operations management. I like how some important companies implement this scientific development. — Julio Mora Olivares SCOT is an acronym meaning Supply Chain Optimization Technologies . Probably it is the largest and the most complete application of operational research in the field of logistic. In summer 2017, I discovered that Amazon was hiring operational researchers in Italy. This intrigued me enough to start some research on the Internet. I found a plentiful source of information on LinkedIn profiles, where people were sharing their working experience, their goals and successes. I’ve collected all the pieces of information and, with my experience, I was able to reconstruct a whole picture of this project. Human resources First things first: people The team working on SCOT project covers many countr...
Commenti